About the job
As a Tax Associate, you support professional tax preparers and assist with general office duties. You will work with an enrolled agent or other tax professionals, and duties can include analyzing data, using tax software, and working directly with clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring clients comply with FTA regulations and meet their state and federal tax obligations.
- Analyzing and minimizing tax liabilities by implementing tax reduction strategies.
- Reviewing financial records, income statements, and expenditures.
- Preparing and filing tax returns and work papers for companies, partnerships, and individuals.
- Researching tax issues and assisting with tax audits.
- Consulting with clients, reviewing their tax information, and responding to questions and concerns.
- Advising clients on employee health care benefits, compensation, and accounting systems.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date client records.
- Degree in taxation or accounting required.
- 1+ years of tax preparation experience.
- Experience using tax preparation software and applications.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent accounting skills.
- Good customer service skills.